- Support cross-functional business operations, e.g. by owning and preparing business reviews or supporting the strategy and business planning process by using data
- Manage and continuously improve operational processes and supply chain with our suppliers to drive operational excellence and ensure scalable growth over the next years
- Own the business outcome - Identify and analyze relevant KPIs and deduct concrete actions to develop our ventures and ensure a world-class customer offer
- Create an environment of experimentation, analytical thinking and precision in execution to hit those goals
- Dive deep into different areas of our Supply Chain, Procurement, Product Development, Production, and Logistics - to scale our operations, expanding the customer offering and increasing the resilience of our supply chain
Manager Business Operations - New Venture (m/w/d)
OBI Group Holding SE & Co. KGaA • Köln
Schanzenstraße 39, 51063 Köln
As part of OBI, we empower people to design their homes creatively and individually. Whether it's a new look for the kitchen or a garden project with the whole family, we inspire, advise and help to make great DIY projects happen. Let's work together to make our DIY-business digital and to develop a complex service ecosystem. This is how we create unique customer experiences!
We are DIY Growth Catalyst - We leverage our corporate assets to rapidly scale and grow new businesses models into vertical leaders. Carved out of our innovation unit SQUARED and backed by OBI, one of the largest DIY retailers in Europe. We are preparing to launch a new corporate startup and looking for a hands-on, dynamic and self-driven Business Operations Manager with a passion for innovation, problem solving, and ability to thrive in ambiguity to create world-class customer experiences.
This is where you come in.
Your role is at the heart of the venture, working hand in hand with all relevant stakeholders, you are responsible for driving general efficiencies and process improvements while supporting our Strategy (e.g. analyzing and understanding new trends in the industry, building business plans), Engagement and Growth Operations (e.g. running the cadence of organizations, connecting the operating lines between our functions).
- You have gained several years of practical experience in operations, business development, in a leading consultancy/platform company (preferably at high-grow or early-stage startups)
- You led innovation projects, focused on scaling operations or in creating new customer offers
- You offer excellent analytical skills and distinctive understanding of numbers
- You are data-driven by nature, have strong attention to details and process improvement
- You are curious by nature; a motivated self-starter and you care about making an impact